Hello 2020



January volunteer hours: 0 
Semester volunteer hours: 0 


Well Happy New Year Guys!

We are officially in our second semester, and I honestly can’t believe it. I remember reading all the blogs from the class before mine and laughing at how they all said time just seemed to fly by. Here I am though about to say the exact same thing. It’s like I blinked, and the first semester was already over. I did really well the first semester, which is exciting. December was filled with all kinds of holiday festivities and lots of fun, and the Christmas break was much needed! Jumping back into January, I felt revitalized and ready to conquer this semester, which is nice because there is SO much going on.

The first module back was about our endocrine/ reproductive systems, which was really interesting. This semester’s modules look a little different because of all of the elective courses we can take. Since I am not doing a thesis, I’m enrolled in all of the elective courses! All of them are really interesting but very different. In endocrine, we are reading a book about stress and its effect on our body! Honestly, it has been a really eye opening book. Let’s just say I’m trying out some new stress management methods because of it. On top of the regular school stuff, I’ve started tackling MCAT studying and shelf exam studying. Don’t worry there is time for both as long as you work on managing your time! (Yes, there is also still plenty of time for fun too). We have almost finished up our neurobiology block, and the exams for it are just around the corner. Speaking of fun, Mardi Gras is quickly approaching, and I’m so jazzed to experience the madness for the first time.

On the volunteer front, I’m excited for the volunteer opportunities coming my way in February! I entered to be a judge in a local science fair, and to work at a medic tent at the upcoming Rock N Roll Marathon. Stay tuned for updates on the adventures to come.




  


Comments

Popular Posts