What a Ride



Community Service Hours for the Semester: 18 hrs.

Hi guys, 

Yesterday, I officially took the last exam of my master’s degree, and it all just seems so surreal. This isn’t exactly how I pictured the end of the year, but it still is a pretty exciting time. As I reflect back on this year, all I can think of is how grateful I am. Grateful for meeting an amazing new group of people, friends, professors, and future colleagues alike. Grateful for all of the knowledge I acquired this year, professionally and personally. Finally, I am really grateful for taking the next big step towards my future career.

This program has taught me a lot about myself. It taught me how to study, how to ask questions, how to work hard play hard, and so many other valuable lessons that I will carry with me the rest of my life. The endless support and encouragement from the professors also helped me to thrive, and it just goes to show how important it is to have this type of professional support system. Living in New Orleans has also been a dream. This city is unlike any other I have encountered. It really just has a soul to it that I can’t even begin to describe. There is just a sense of community here that I haven’t found anywhere else.

As for what comes next, that is a loaded question. Applications for medical school open up soon and hopefully the mcat testing centers will too! I’ll spend the next few months going through the grueling process of applying to medical school while also hanging around to explore my new home, New Orleans. Hopefully by this time next year, I’ll be anxiously waiting to begin my official med school journey. Until then, I’ll be enjoying everything this next year throws my way.

Thanks for the memories :)
           

Comments

  1. Hello Laissez les Bons. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in advantures. It was good to go through your blog post on your medical school journey. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral minstry for last 41 yrs in this great city of MUMBAI a city with a great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have come with your friends to work with with us during your vacation time. I am sure it will be a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you as well as wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts