Catch You on the Flip Side









Happy November!                                                                            

                                                                                                           Total hours: 15
November hours: 4  

It is officially holiday season, which is one of my favorite times of the year! It also means that we are almost done with our first semester, which is actually crazy to think about. Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, it is time to get back into the swing of things. We just finished up our renal and pulmonary module before the break, so we are about to jump into our GI/ Neoplasia module next week, which I am looking forward to. I also am starting to prepare to re-take my MCAT in the spring, which means I'm going to have to alter my study routine a little bit.  If anyone interested in the program are reading this, I just want to give you a little bit of reassurance. There is plenty of time to do well in the courses and to prepare for the MCAT (that was a really big fear of mine going in). I’ve found that a lot of the topics covered on the MCAT are also covered in depth in classes, which is really helpful.

This month, I continued volunteering at the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine. The six week family group session that I have been working with came to a close this month. I was lucky enough to keep working with the same family throughout the entirety of the six weeks, so I am a little sad that our time together has come to an end. They really were the highlight of my volunteering experience. It was so cool to watch their skills and confidence progress throughout the whole class! By the end of the group, they were such pros in the kitchen and were working together like a well-oiled machine. The kids even tried a few of the foods they swore they “never” would. It made me realize how making a mundane task fun can really change your perspective. Instead of dreading eating “weird” things, they were actually excited to try something they worked so hard to prepare, and I think it definitely played a role in a few of their palate changes. I have really enjoyed my time volunteering there, and I can’t wait to start a new group in the following months!







Comments

  1. Hello Hope Hardy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in adventures and volunteering. It was good to go through your post on your volunteering and yet learning time in the month of November. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encoureged strengthened and praing for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reah out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. Since you have an experience in volunteering and an interest in adventures, we would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered new year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. If you want to contact me please use my email id because I may not visit your blog posts again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts